Our fully-qualified and experienced lawyers are experienced in communicating complex legal issues to you in plain language, and providing advice and direction when negotiating complex legal systems.
Quinn Lawyers can help you with the following services:
We provide professional legal advice to help you transfer your wealth to your intended beneficiaries in a way that minimises their taxation liability and provides maximum asset protection. We help you plan the distribution of your estate with our specialist knowledge of taxation, superannuation and succession law.
We can also help you develop practical estate plans to:
- allow your beneficiaries to legally reduce or eliminate tax on income generated from their inheritance every year after receiving their inheritance
- protect your beneficiaries’ inheritance in the event of divorce or bankruptcy
- minimise or avoid death benefits tax (which can be as high as 31.5%) when distributing your superannuation benefits
- guard against undue waste and dissipation due to spendthrift tendencies, age, mental health, drug addictions, gambling or other vulnerabilities of a beneficiary
- achieve potentially significant capital gains tax savings on assets distributed through your estate
- ensure that if your surviving spouse remarries, your assets pass to your preferred beneficiaries and not to a new partner
- ensure that your assets don’t pass to an in-law or former spouse but to your intended beneficiaries
We can help you navigate the complex compliance and regulatory aspects of superannuation, with specialist expertise in Self Managed Super Funds. We provide you with the legal tools to help you optimise the flexibility, utility and benefit from your super – both alone and as part of your broader financial plan.
Trusts and investment structures
We provide advice on various trusts and investment structures. We can also help with set up and drafting of related documents.
Our experienced lawyers understand tax and the need to protect your assets. We help ensure your assets are administered with minimum taxation liability and maximum asset protection by using appropriate trusts and investment structures.
We can help you legally minimise your tax liability and protect your wealth with:
- advice on appropriate trust structures to best facilitate your goals
- assistance with setting up trust structures including preparing deeds that reflect current trust law
- preparing ancillary documents that ensure your chosen investment structure is incorporated into your broader financial and succession plan
Want to know more?