The ATO will acquire details of registered voters on the Commonwealth electoral roll from the Australian Electoral Commissioner. This data will be collected on an ongoing basis and is refreshed every three months.
The data items that will be obtained are personal details of:
- Name of the registered voter.
- Their residential address.
- Sex of the registered voter.
- Date of birth.
It is estimated that records for 15 million individuals will be obtained.
The objectives of this data matching program are to:
- Identify taxpayers that are not registered with the ATO when they are required to be.
- Locate taxpayers that may have outstanding taxation and superannuation lodgement, or payment, obligations.
- Identify potential instances of taxation or superannuation fraud.
- Assist with the administration of Australia’s Foreign Investment Framework.
Should you require any information please contact Peter Quinn
by submitting an online enquiry
or calling us on +61 2 9580 9166 to book an obligation free appointment.
The information in this document does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. It is important that your personal circumstances are taken into account before making any financial decision and it is recommended that you seek assistance from your financial adviser.